• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Combining a Northern Complimentary and an Advance

xotGD

Established Member
Joined
4 Feb 2017
Messages
7,880
Hi,

My wife and I are travelling to Glasgow, using Northern Delay Repay complimentary tickets to get from Bingley to Carlisle, then Advances on Avanti for the rest of the trip.

If we are late into Carlisle, and miss the connection, are we likely to get more hassle than with a more conventional split ticket combination?

We have chosen extra connection time at Carlisle to mitigate the chance of this happening, but you never know. I have also saved the itinerary from Fastjp.

Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,770
Location
UK
I don't think there would be any difference, a complimentary ticket is a valid ticket under the NRCoT just as much as a paid ticket. It clearly states it's issued under the NRCoT on the back.
 

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,113
Location
Redcar
Agreed, I can't ever see this being an issue and indeed I have done such things myself in the past (though the connections have always been made).
 

xotGD

Established Member
Joined
4 Feb 2017
Messages
7,880
Thanks both. Hopefully we will make the connection, but if not, I'll report back.
 

Top