When you book an advanced ticket with Virgin they send you an "Everything you need before you leave" email (I can't figure out how to turn them off, I probably travel with them every week and I get enough sodding email as it is but that aside). This email mostly contains information about collecting your tickets, however recently I noticed the wording of this email has been updated from
To
And sure enough, using a different card to the one I used to purchase the tickets I could collect them. Both cards had my name on them, not sure if that's relevant.
When did they change the rules on this? I'm sure before it's got upset if I haven't used the right card, and I seem to be able to do this with all TOCs now (Bought a return on FCC and collected using a different card from the machines at LBG because it didn't like the actual card I was using)
If you're collecting your tickets at the FastTicket machine, it is essential
to bring your:
* FastTicket collection reference
* Payment card you used
To
If you're collecting your tickets at the FastTicket machine, it is essential
to bring your:
* FastTicket collection reference
* Any valid debit or credit card
And sure enough, using a different card to the one I used to purchase the tickets I could collect them. Both cards had my name on them, not sure if that's relevant.
When did they change the rules on this? I'm sure before it's got upset if I haven't used the right card, and I seem to be able to do this with all TOCs now (Bought a return on FCC and collected using a different card from the machines at LBG because it didn't like the actual card I was using)