• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Collecting East Coast rewards tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWT_USER

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
1,181
Location
Ashford Middx
Hi all,

I booked a couple of rewards returned to be collected from the machine, but as they don't cost anything I'm not sure how to collect the tickets as no payment was taken! I have tried both of the cards that I have used for booking with EC before.

Any ideas?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westv

Established Member
Joined
29 Mar 2013
Messages
4,411
I've got rewards tickets from the machine and used a card I used before. That should have worked for you.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Hi all,

I booked a couple of rewards returned to be collected from the machine, but as they don't cost anything I'm not sure how to collect the tickets as no payment was taken! I have tried both of the cards that I have used for booking with EC before.

Any ideas?

Do you mean that neither of them worked?

They should be available for collection with any card.
 

SWT_USER

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
1,181
Location
Ashford Middx
Do you mean that neither of them worked?

They should be available for collection with any card.

Yes tried both cards and neither worked (one credit, one debit if that makes a difference). Will call support in the morning.
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Out of interest, were you collecting them from an East Coast managed station? For some reason it appears there are problems when attempting to collect Rewards bookings from other TOCs stations via ToD machines.

As causton says - it should be sorted with a call to the Web Support team so they can set the booking to any card, allowing the machines to print the tickets or failing that, the ticket office to release the booking and print them for you.
 

westv

Established Member
Joined
29 Mar 2013
Messages
4,411
Out of interest, were you collecting them from an East Coast managed station? For some reason it appears there are problems when attempting to collect Rewards bookings from other TOCs stations via ToD machines.

I've collected rewards tickets from Fenchurch St with no problem. This was a month or two ago I think. I have some more to collect and will be using the same station - as it's about 50 yds from my work in London.
 

Mark_H

Member
Joined
11 Dec 2012
Messages
96
I've collected rewards tickets from Fenchurch St with no problem. This was a month or two ago I think. I have some more to collect and will be using the same station - as it's about 50 yds from my work in London.

I've also collected from a non-EC station recently with no problems. I did have some paid-for tickets for collection in the same order though, which I imagine put me into the usual "present the card used for booking" scenario.
 

SWT_USER

Member
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
1,181
Location
Ashford Middx
Should be all sorted now after a call to support this morning, the chap said he'd unlocked it for any card. Thanks all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top