• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Collecting an Advance after it was meant to start..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard_B

Member
Joined
13 Apr 2016
Messages
169
I bought an advance from Gatwick Airport to Birmingham, then my flight time got moved later, so I amended the advance to later in the day. I have the amendment ticket coupons; but not the original ticket and am now abroad until to the tickets are needed. So I will be attempting to collect a ticket at noon from the machines at Gatwick when it was meant to be used for journeys from 9am that morning. Is the machine still going to spit it out or will i have problems? Thanks for any help.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
Yes I don't think the machines are that sophisticated! I haven't tried picking up one after the validity date but I am sure that would work, and definitely on the same day would be fine!
 

alistairlees

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2016
Messages
4,421
Well, the machines are largely dumb so far as collecting tickets is concerned. The system they connect to doesn't care though. After all, you might still want to collect an unused ticket after it's validity has expired because you couldn't use it for some reason, and would like to get a refund.

About a month after the last validity date any uncollected tickets are "swept up" though.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,157
You won't have any problems collecting the tickets.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top