WolvertonWorks
Member
Not sure where to put this - and apologies if there is already a thread, please remove if there is.
Quote" To celebrate 200 years of the railways, from May 7th to late July 2025 Steve Melia is walking the best-served stretches in every region and nation."
www.railwalks.co.uk
His observations on the first ten days may be of interest:
railwalksuk.blogspot.com
"If you imagine that relying on the train will make you vulnerable to travel disruption, I can say, this is not like commuting. Only once in 15 journeys (on over 20 trains) has there been any serious disruption, with replacement buses. But even that was no big deal. I saw the situation on the app, whilst sipping my coffee, and waited a little longer. It made no difference to the walk. There may well be other problems later, but nothing I have ever encountered so far has ever been insurmountable."
Quote" To celebrate 200 years of the railways, from May 7th to late July 2025 Steve Melia is walking the best-served stretches in every region and nation."
Railwalks.co.uk - Coastal Railtrail 2025
The Coastal Railtrail has now begun. Follow our progress on our Facebook Group (no account needed.) Did you know how much of Britain's coast it's possible to walk by rail? Our regional coastal pages show hundreds of coastal walks served by railway stations. To celebrate 200 years of the railways,
His observations on the first ten days may be of interest:
Coastal Railtrail - First Ten Days
After ten days of walking the Coastal Railtrail .(plus rest days) I wanted to make a few reflections on the walk so far. I have been wri...
"If you imagine that relying on the train will make you vulnerable to travel disruption, I can say, this is not like commuting. Only once in 15 journeys (on over 20 trains) has there been any serious disruption, with replacement buses. But even that was no big deal. I saw the situation on the app, whilst sipping my coffee, and waited a little longer. It made no difference to the walk. There may well be other problems later, but nothing I have ever encountered so far has ever been insurmountable."