• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Coach crashes down ditch on M5 in Gloucestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,451
Location
Yorkshire
Coach crashes down ditch on M5 in Gloucestershire

A coach carrying 53 adults and children from the West Midlands on a day-trip to the seaside has overturned in a ditch off the M5 in Gloucestershire.


The crash happened just before 10:00 BST close to junction 13 for Stroud.
The Highways Agency said it was "a serious incident", but with walking injured.

Five adults and one child were injured, a South West Ambulance Service spokesman said. All of them were said to have minor injuries.

The coach was operated by Stourbridge-based Prospect Coaches and was taking the group to Weston-super-Mare.

The Confederation of Passenger Transport (CPT), which represents operators of UK buses, said it understood it was one of four coaches making the same journey....
Must have been a scary incident for those involved, lucky there appear to be no serious injuries.

Anyone here familiar with that stretch of road?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveHarries

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2011
Messages
2,576
Location
England
I know that stretch of road fairly well as I use it quite a bit when working. I drove past the scene today while I was on my way to drop a vehicle off in the Birmingham area. I drove past there before they got the coach righted.

I don't know if the adult injured was the driver or one of the adults who was sitting with the children: I heard it reported on the news that the driver of the coach suffered a back injury but, again, nothing major. I wish all those injured a speedy recovery.

Just slightly further up, on the northbound side but on the same stretch was a Ford car that was on fire. I hope that the vehicle in question didn't belong to any member of this forum.

Dave
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top