• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,466
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
I think that after Womersley, we pass through the open stations of Knottingley and Pontefract Monkhill and then diverge northwards onto the Leeds line. The next closed station then being

Castleford Cutsyke
Correct on all counts....After that, we join the line of the LYR and GNR Methley Joint Railway where the first closed station we meet is......

Methley South
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,443
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
I think Hunslet was a good move because the connection between the E&WYUR and the NMR was north of Stourton station. In fact I am not sure that Stourton had platforms on the NMR. A 1908 map is the only one I can find that shows it, with platforms on the E&WYUR but not on the NMR.

Update - there also appears to have been a cross-connection southwards via Rothwell Haigh Sidings, so we could have reversed at Stourton (E&WYUR) and gained the NMR that way.

Altofts & Whitwood
 
Last edited:

Top