• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,474
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
We next move to England for the next journey.....

This is number 890 in the series so far.....

NOTE....This journey preamble now reflects the truncated journey


The journey starts at the closed station of Scalby
It follows the line of the Scarborough and Whitby Railway
It then follows the line of the Whitby, Redcar and Middlesbrough Union Railway
The journey ends at the closed station of Brotton

The first closed station on this journey is Scalby
 
Last edited:

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,443
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
I have to admit to being stumped here. Eston isn't on the route suggested in the itinerary, I don't think. Yet I can't see how to get to the Middlesbrough & Guisborough Railway without going through Boosbeck!

I am going to cross my fingers and go for:

Hutton Junction
 

Top