• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,443
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
I am not too sure whether the next one should count - the distance from the current station is only about 250m, but it was on a different site with separate entrance etc so …

Bournemouth East (1st station - 1870 to 1885)


PS - I have missed Christchurch 1st station - 1862 to 1886 - which I now think I should have included as the first station was a similar distance from the current one as at Bournemouth. Mea Cupola! (Never could do Latin).
 
Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,485
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
PS - I have missed Christchurch 1st station - 1862 to 1886 - which I now think I should have included as the first station was a similar distance from the current one as at Bournemouth. Mea Cupola! (Never could do Latin).

INFORMATION

That 1862-1886 station in Christchurch you describe above was not a station on the line we had been traversing, but was one of the three stations on the Ringwood, Christchurch and Bournemouth Railway, the other two stations on that line being those of Avon Lodge and of Hurn.

Therefore, it cannot be used as a posting submission on the line we were traversing.
 

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,443
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
INFORMATION

That 1862-1886 station in Christchurch you describe above was not a station on the line we had been traversing, but was one of the three stations on the Ringwood, Christchurch and Bournemouth Railway, the other two stations on that line being those of Avon Lodge and of Hurn.

Therefore, it cannot be used as a posting submission on the line we were traversing.

On closer inspection of the map I see that you are right - the station was just short of the point of junction with the line we were running on. So I apologise for apologising for not including it ...
 

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,443
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
Templecombe (S&DR)

This station seems to have had two locations, but I can't find evidence for the first one and in any case it was probably very close to the second - so only one call.
 

Top