• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,461
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
Would I be right in thinking that we have just missed out on....

Trentham
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Wedgwood

This station appears on the timetable but is served by a bus. Not sure what the rules are in this situation? Apparently the platforms are fenced off and unusable..

Update - I checked National Rail Enquiries and I can buy a rail ticket to Wedgwood, but the bus will drop me off at Wedgwood Old Road, six minutes walk away. So it doesn't really serve the station. This has been the situation since 2004.

Both Wedgewood and Barlaston (and also Norton Bridge) are in a state of limbo and are not allowed as posting submissions on this quiz. (The matter of Norton Bridge station currently appears to be in some formal discussions from what I hear)
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,442
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
Would I be right in thinking that we have just missed out on....

Trentham
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


Both Wedgewood and Barlaston (and also Norton Bridge) are in a state of limbo and are not allowed as posting submissions on this quiz. (The matter of Norton Bridge station currently appears to be in some formal discussions from what I hear)

You would be right - sorry.

I have deleted Wedgwood but left the note in for future reference.

Stone 1st (1848-49)
 

Top