• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darren R

Established Member
Joined
26 Jan 2013
Messages
1,252
Location
Lancashire
I'm somewhat confused now as to the location of the stations in Caernarfon, so I shall say (without much conviction!):

Carnarvon Pant (?)
 

Darren R

Established Member
Joined
26 Jan 2013
Messages
1,252
Location
Lancashire
Queensferry

According to the Wikipedia article the stretch through this station was quadrupled in the "late 18th century." :shock: The line is much more historic than I realised! :lol:
 

Darren R

Established Member
Joined
26 Jan 2013
Messages
1,252
Location
Lancashire
Waverton (2nd station)

I am intrigued as to why the 1st Duke of Westminster had a new station built further west. Was it nearer to one of his stately piles? :D
 

Top