• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
Wasn't there Horsforth Woodside and Royal Gardens between Arthington & Holbeck Low Level?

Then

Farnley & Wortley
 

Buttsy

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,374
Location
Hanborough
Whoops! Sorry guys. I'm using a pre-grouping atlas which means I miss some stations

Gomersal?
 
Last edited:

High Dyke

Established Member
Joined
1 Jan 2013
Messages
5,023
Location
Yellabelly Country
Oh dear... I fear i may be going the wrong way after Farnley & Wortley. :oops:

I took the current route to Mirfield (via Churwell), not the route via Cleckheaton.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,486
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
Oh dear... I fear i may be going the wrong way after Farnley & Wortley. :oops:

I took the current route to Mirfield (via Churwell), not the route via Cleckheaton.

This is why I try to be very careful when I write the preamble to each quiz which details all the rail routes that will be traversed in each journey. We are still on the Leeds New Line and the last named closed station was that of Cleckheaton Spen.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,486
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
Heaton Norris

Heaton Norris station is a station that you would find when you continue from Guide Bridge to the Stockport area. As such, this station is not on the Hope Valley Line, which the preable said had no stations, and the next line on the preamble to continue upon is the Macclesfield, Bollington and Marple Railway.
 

Top