• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
Wasn't there Hulands between Bowes & Lartington?

Cockfield Fell

Edit: Beaten to it!

Evenwood
 

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
Well I'm a little uncertain as to whether it's Hunslet or Hunslet Lane - I think the former.
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
Well I'm a little uncertain as to whether it's Hunslet or Hunslet Lane - I think the former.

I think you're right - As far as I know, Hunslet Lane was originally the terminus of the North Midland Railway, and then became a goods station when the line was extended through to Leeds [Wellington]- either way it was on what is now a separate branch.

But wasn't there Holbeck Low Level before Hunslet?

And, after Hunslet, I think was Methley.
 
Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,460
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
Sandal and Walton
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I think you're right - As far as I know, Hunslet Lane was originally the terminus of the North Midland Railway, and then became a goods station when the line was extended through to Leeds [Wellington]- either way it was on what is now a separate branch.

But wasn't there Holbeck Low Level before Hunslet?

If I could award a bonus point for this connectional link between these two lines (never done before on this quiz), I would award one for this posting.
 

Top