• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867

I note what you say about this and there seems to be somewhat of a difference of opinion on such matters between Scottish private stations such as the one that you quote with military involvement and that, for example, of Singer Halt which was built to serve the large workforce of the Singer factory.
I have consulted my usual oracle for a second opinion, the Disused Stations website, who do have full details on Fort Augustus station and a full line history with the usual map of all stations on this line and there is no mention whatsoever of the RNAD platform, which tends me to think that it will be classified as a goods and supplies receiving platform only.

Having looked more closely I suspect you are right - the platform was built in WW2 - after the line closed to passengers

Rhu
 
Last edited:

dzug2

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2011
Messages
867
Jock's Lodge

I'm way behind, but did wonder about Craigendoran Upper earlier and whether it counted as a separate station? I'm assuming not.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,459
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
Shawfair
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'm way behind, but did wonder about Craigendoran Upper earlier and whether it counted as a separate station? I'm assuming not.

Because Craigendoran station itself is still very much an open station, the two platforms that served the West Highland line as Craigendoran Upper as part of what was then a five-platform Craigendoran station complex unfortunately cannot be counted on this quiz
 

Top