I cannot trace that station on the Bridport Railway, the line that we have just joined.Grimstone and Frampton
It's the turnback point so that we can reverse onto the Bridport Branch.I cannot trace that station on the Bridport Railway, the line that we have just joined.
The layout at Maiden Newton, where the Bridport branch joins the WS&WR, enabled us to reverse there. Unfortunately I have lent out my book on the Bridport Railway otherwise I could have posted the track plan, I think. It's one of my all-time favourite branch lines - and the countryside round it is still beautiful. Pity you beat me to West Bay - but you can buy us a pint in the Bridport Arms by the harbour.It's the turnback point so that we can reverse to the Bridport Branch.
In reply to the query raised concerning reversals at OPEN stations, I show the Rule 2 of the Rules Section on the very first posting of this quiz.(Rule 2).... Reversals en route are allowed. Such reversals can be made at any station, open or closed, with the proviso that no mention is made in posting submissions of any OPEN station.. There are instances where direct train services from one station to another require an operational reversal in order to facilitate this. It will be useful to note that there can be legs of a journey that pass through only OPEN stations, which are mentioned in the preamble to each new journey, but in cases such as this, the preamble will carry the rider..."Link line only, no closed stations"
SawdonWykeham
That is a station on the NER Pickering to Gilling Line, which we do not visit on this journey.Sinnington
KirbyThornton Dale