• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

daodao

Established Member
Joined
6 Feb 2016
Messages
3,603
Location
Dunham/Bowdon
Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,478
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
INFORMATION FOR "THE REGULARS"

After two falls eight days ago, the last being by far the worst as it occurred on an outside pavement, I was taken by emergency transport to Wythenshawe Hospital where a CT scan was clear but the X-ray in the right-hip area revealed that I had fractured a small bone in my pelvis which I was told with a week hospital stay on ward A9 then a further period of five weeks home rest should see the bone knit together.

My elder twin son Mark brought me home from the discharge suite of the hospital at 14:00 today, Thursday, 11th September

Later today, I will endeavour to launch the next journey.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,478
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
The next closed station was Cleeve. With several closed stations missed south of Ashchurch, including Gloucester Eastgate.

I shall leave @Xenophon PCDGS to fill in the other missing ones, several of which were only open for a short time in the 1840s.
After Cleeve, there were closed stations before the open station of Gloucester were at:-

Swindon (Glos)
Badgworth
Churchdown
 

Top