• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2015
Messages
3,689
Ringstead & Addington (third time lucky?) -- no -- I'm going to go off and sulk for a bit.
 

Calthrop

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2015
Messages
3,689
Thrapston Bridge Street

@A Challenge: why struck out? You got this station before me, fair and square.

Addendum 20 mins. later -- because you "followed on from yourself", of course. So my Thrapston Bridge Street was correct; I've reinstated it; that makes your Ringstead & Addington valid; if I now post the next station along the line, the quiz should be back on course. Hoping that all this is acceptable.

After posting next station: I think I'd better knock off for the night, for fear of perpetrating further foul-ups -- I seem none too clever today !

Next station: Irthlingborough
 
Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,484
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
Blisworth (1st station)

************************************************************************

OBSERVATION

Remembering that we needed to use a section of the London and Birmingham Railway from the line of the Northampton and Peterborough Railway to reach the Northampton & Banbury Junction Railway, after Northampton Bridge Street, but prior to Blisworth closed stations (as detailed in the last two postings), we would have had to call at the closed stations of:-

Roade (1st station ... 1838-1882)

Roade (2nd station ... 1882-1964)

This means we now access the final leg of this journey...the Northampton & Banbury Junction Railway.
 
Last edited:

Top