• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,453
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
*****************************************************************************************************


We move back to North-West England for the next journey...

This quiz is number 95 so far.

The journey starts at the open station of Cherry Tree
It follows the line of the Lancashire Union Railway
It then follows the line of the St Helens to Lowton St Mary's line
It then follows the line of the Wigan Junction Railway
It then follows the line of the CLC Liverpool to Manchester line... (using the Widnes Loop Line)
It then follows the line of the North Liverpool Extension line
It then follows the line of the Southport & Cheshire Lines Extension Railway
It then follows the line of the Liverpool, Southport and Preston Junction Railway
It then follows the line of the West Lancashire Railway
It then follows the line of the East Lancashire line...(using the Great Harwood Loop Line)
It then follows the line of the Leeds and Bradford Extension Railway
It then follows the line of the Leeds and Bradford Railway
It then follows the line of the Leeds New line
It then follows the line of the Leeds to Huddersfield line
It then follows the line of the Huddersfield to Manchester line
It then follows the line of the Stalybridge Junction Railway
It then follows the line of the Stockport to Stalybridge line
It then follows the line of the Stockport, Timperley and Altrincham Junction Railway
It then follows the line of the Warrington and Altrincham Junction Railway
It then follows the line of the Birkenhead Railway
The journey ends at the open station of Hooton

The first closed station on this journey is Feniscowles
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,453
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England

Not so. Had I intended the route to be taken by the Whelley Loop Line, I would have stated that in the preamble that was shown at the start of this particular journey.....as you will see that two other loop lines have in fact been shown to be so, on later legs of this journey.

To enable matters to continue, I shall now post...

Boar's Head
 

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Messages
7,035
Location
Gloucester
Not so. Had I intended the route to be taken by the Whelley Loop Line, I would have stated that in the preamble that was shown at the start of this particular journey.....as you will see that two other loop lines have in fact been shown to be so, on later legs of this journey.

I must admit that the source I tend to use doesn't always show the next stations so I end up getting slightly confused. Can't blame me for trying though! :)
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
Gateacre

It was a long time before I realised this was pronounced "Gattekker"!
 

Top