• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,442
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
Heaton Norris

(Denton and Reddish South are still technically open, I think)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Moorgate Halt, whilst on that line, was only ever used by trains of "The Delph Donkey" and never by services from Huddersfield to Stalybridge

Is that a reason for not including it? I must admit I hadn't been thinking about which services called at a station - and we do make some pretty peculiar connections from time to time!
 
Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,453
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
GENERAL INFORMATION

Regarding the previous discussion, what you have to realise is that the previous named closed station was that of Saddleworth and no services from that direction ever stopped at Moorgate Halt. The only services from that direction came down the branch line from Delph.

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Denton and Reddish South are still technically open, I think

Indeed they are and can be traversed on the Friday morning Parliamentary service from Stockport to Stalybridge that goes in that direction only.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Heaton Norris

Cheadle (LNWR)
 
Last edited:

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,442
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
Northenden

I would have thought that to get from the Denton to Stockport line to the Stockport, Timperley and Altrincham Junction (per the instructions) you have to go via Cheadle LNW - there doesn't appear to have ever been a connection between the two lines south of Heaton Norris.

Reference the previous discussion on Moorgate Halt - the point is appreciated (a train coming from Saddleworth wouldn't actually have stopped there) but I don't see anything in the rules which suggests that Ash Bridge should not have listed it. Just wanting to be clear for future reference.
 
Last edited:

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Joined
17 Mar 2014
Messages
4,222
Location
Stockport
Baguley

I thought we would have passed through Cheadle (LNW) rather than the CLC station?
 
Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,453
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
Coppenhall

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Incidentally, between Latchford and Warrington Arpley was Warrington Wilderspool

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I thought we would have passed through Cheadle (LNW) rather than the CLC station?

No excuse to offer...my mind was working on automatic and I have since amended accordingly.
 
Last edited:

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Joined
17 Mar 2014
Messages
4,222
Location
Stockport
Coppenhall

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Incidentally, between Latchford and Warrington Arpley was Warrington Wilderspool

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


No excuse to offer...my mind was working on automatic and I have since amended accordingly.

Well, we can all be guilty of this from time to time Paul :D

Just noticed that DerekC spotted it before I,

Gresty
 

Top