1D54
Established Member
- Joined
- 1 Jun 2019
- Messages
- 1,480
Probably 5Q40 from Old Dalby to Derby.How long have the 810s been operating as a ten car?
Just seen one through Long Eaton.
Probably 5Q40 from Old Dalby to Derby.How long have the 810s been operating as a ten car?
Just seen one through Long Eaton.
They haven't yet in passenger service. They are currently testing 10 car operation using 810003/004 (based at Old Dalby)How long have the 810s been operating as a ten car?
Just seen one through Long Eaton.
Went through Sheffield around 1340 as I was leaving station . A number of ppl in orange coats in first carriage .Looks like it might be ROG delivering 810018 today with a 5Q57 flow (tests the ECML then heads to Derby from there), it’s been manually activated now so all signs point to it going.
GBRf have been doing tests on them for the last couple of weeks, come out of Old Dalby, split at Kettering, do their separate thing then rejoin later at Kettering.How long have the 810s been operating as a ten car?
Just seen one through Long Eaton.
019 was the most recent one out on test.Does anyone know which unit is on test tonight?
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:K64764/2026-04-15/detailed
Looking at RTT, for the last week of May, it looks like the 1735 STP to Nottingham is supposed to be an 810, and that is supposed to be a 10-car service (although in recent months it's been frequently short-formed). Let's see what damage reality inflicts on the plan, which more generally (in terms of what is shown on RTT) seems to be based on about 15 Cl222 and 8 Cl810.On the subject of 10 car operation I've been told that EMR staff will be testing/trained up on it imminently, using 810008/009
Yes that and the 0646 off Nottingham will be the first 10 car 810s, when the time comes. I personally can't see it happening immediately from the May timetable change, but it'll be a big step once it's happeningLooking at RTT, for the last week of May, it looks like the 1735 STP to Nottingham is supposed to be an 810, and that is supposed to be a 10-car service (although in recent months it's been frequently short-formed). Let's see what damage reality inflicts on the plan, which more generally (in terms of what is shown on RTT) seems to be based on about 15 Cl222 and 8 Cl810.
016 has been the best unit I've ridden on so far, it has to be saidYay! After many thwarted attempts finally got a ride on an 810 today! Yes, slow pulling away from Leicester northbound, but a real spurt of acceleration at about 15 mph, bit like an overground train. Not sure if it's unit specific (I was on 016) but the ride quality felt smoother than the LNER Azumas I've been on.
Quite impressed overall
Having (I think) 8 trains covering 4 diagrams might be quite helpful to reliability from the customers' perspective.I noticed 012 failed yesterday but it does seem to have been quiet recently on others. Has there been an improvement in the past week or are things looking up? It'd be great if it was the former.
Looking at the diagrams, from Chesterfield the 0912, 1047 and 1112 are booked 810s, leaving London it'll be the 1845 and 1945 departures. Of course last minute alterations do happen and units aren't allocated until the dayMy wife is travelling from Chesterfield to London next weekend and is a little flexible on actual timings would prefer to travel on one of the new trains if possible?
Friday 24 April departing Chesterfield between 0930 and 1130
Sunday 26 April departing St Pancras to Chesterfield after 1900
Does anyone know which services are likely to be operated by the new trains?
I appreciate it’s only an estimate!
Allocations already get mentioned in the 810 diagrams thread. This one is just for the progress of the units being built and which ones are entering service for the first timeOnly 3 810’s (006, 015, 016) are allocated in traffic today due to engineering works between Bedford & Luton this weekend.
Many thanks!Looking at the diagrams, from Chesterfield the 0912, 1047 and 1112 are booked 810s, leaving London it'll be the 1845 and 1945 departures. Of course last minute alterations do happen and units aren't allocated until the day
Down to a cab safety system fault, possibly AWS, DSD or GSM-R810015 arrived on time at Sheffield on the ecs from Derby to form the 10.52 to Bedford.
10.52 now cancelled. Train fault.
No surprise, the 810s were designed to exceed the performance of a 222 in diesel modeHaving ridden now on both 222s and 810s am I right in thinking that 810s are quicker than 222s? I was on 810016 on Saturday from Derby-Sheffield and it did seem quicker at speed than the now older 222s and I have to agree it proved a smoother ride as well.
I think we would have probably arrived in Sheffield early if it wasn't for the fact that there was a train in front of us just after Dore & Totley.
I was speaking to a driver after an 810 run and asked that very question. He said that they were no worse than other trains. He also said they had quite a few issues with the 222s when they entered service.Anyone remember when the 222s first entered service, was it as troubled as the 810s are now?
There might be a reason 810's feel faster - and that is because quite a few Class 222's are running round with the equivalent of three or four engines running.No surprise, the 810s were designed to exceed the performance of a 222 in diesel mode
Diagram AU701: 810016There might be a reason 810's feel faster - and that is because quite a few Class 222's are running round with the equivalent of three or four engines running.
So far, I haven't sampled a single Class 810 that accelerates faster than a 'healthy' Class 222 running with all five engines - which to be fair - can just about keep the timetable - despite the fact the timetable is probably a tad optimistic.
At the moment the 222's are running around no faster than a Class 222 on only four engines.
Until there is an update to the traction control software to unleash more power from the engines, I don't expect any sudden improvement.
Has the fifth Class 810 diagram started today? RTT seems to indicate some Class 222's are on the VAR diagrams where 810's were planned to be used unless I am misreading the situation.
222015 is covering for 810014 todayHas the fifth Class 810 diagram started today? RTT seems to indicate some Class 222's are on the VAR diagrams where 810's were planned to be used unless I am misreading the situation.
018 did a test run today.I know it wasn’t long ago 810018 was delivered m, but when can it be expected to be into test runs/standard service for EMR, noticed 3A23/4/5/6/7/8 has no allocation for it today, so was wondering whether 810018 could be subbed into that or whether it’s too early yet.