Nym
Established Member
The Class 810 project is using the AnsaldoBresa wiring practice standards. Beyond that, no idea.
Goes off to find copy of SNCB/NMBS presentation into why they cancelled their Fyra contract with AnsaldoBreda...The Class 810 project is using the AnsaldoBresa wiring practice standards. Beyond that, no idea.
Cable routings, pipework and cable retention methods when connecting from the underframe to individual pieces of equipment are often executed in a poor and haphazard manner which presents numerous opportunities for snagging, wearing and damage. Such practices would not be expected from a competent international rolling stock manufacturer.
I was wondering this myself, when I saw two Class 222s scheduled to go from Leicester to London with no accessible toilet in coach G, within 30 minutes of each other. Maybe it isn't just Class 810s with a problem.Does anyone know if the issue with the toilets often going out of service has been diagnosed yet and if so has it been fixed? I haven't seen this mentioned recently.
Wondering how this would work for someone who doesn't wish to stand or more importantly for someone who because of either medical condition or age simply cannot stand for long periods of time?
Yeah, issue is when in the past (not just EMR, but other TOCs too, I know this happened to Nick Badley in his Lumo to Glasgow video) people get allocated Priority Seats in a pre-booked seat reservation who don’t need the seats, which may be an issue for some who need that seat but have to remove that person who got allocated the priority seat. They shouldn’t be able to allocate priority seats unless specified in the ticket buying process.Each train has labelled priority seating for which people are asked to give up if there is someone in need of it. This is the same concept as seen on unreserved trains across the country.
Yeah, issue is when in the past (not just EMR, but other TOCs too, I know this happened to Nick Badley in his Lumo to Glasgow video) people get allocated Priority Seats in a pre-booked seat reservation who don’t need the seats, which may be an issue for some who need that seat but have to remove that person who got allocated the priority seat. They shouldn’t be able to allocate priority seats unless specified in the ticket buying process.
Well, not yet, just wait though…Which isn’t a problem in the scenario being discussed as reservations aren’t being offered at all.
Well, not yet, just wait though…
But the 222s didn't have such a delayed introduction!I travelled down to London on 006 this morning. I had a brief chat with the driver when we arrived and interestingly he said that the teething problems are no worse than when the 222s were introduced.
The factory was closed for 2 weeks over Christmas.I've noticed it's been quite a while since the last delivery - 20th December I think? In Todays Railways it says that Hitachi had committed to delivering two units per month from January!
Deliveries resume from around February, as plannedI've noticed it's been quite a while since the last delivery - 20th December I think? In Todays Railways it says that Hitachi had committed to delivering two units per month from January!
That's good news, hopefully not long until the next one arrives.Deliveries resume from around February, as planned
Well, I have seen images of 810014 emerging from the test sheds at Newton Aycliffe, taking a guess that in the next week or so, it'll start mainline testing between Doncaster/York/Newcastle then will move out to EMR in a couple weeks. Not that EMR are in any hurry though, they seem to have more 810s than they realistically need at the moment, with only 2 flows as of now (moving to 3 by March) and then the 2 weekday driver training runs, they only have 4 units out at a time and until they get 10-car running, it will stay as that probably.That's good news, hopefully not long until the next one arrives.
Not that EMR are in any hurry though, they seem to have more 810s than they realistically need at the moment, with only 2 flows as of now (moving to 3 by March) and then the 2 weekday driver training runs, they only have 4 units out at a time and until they get 10-car running, it will stay as that probably.
Personally I can't see how that is offering a customer service ..I was again wedged on a short-formed EMR IC this week with many standees, watching two customers argue about whether her seat reservation was still valid. Not great.
This is correct, and ScotRail is planning on the basis of a similar availability if/when they receive the 22 remaining Class 222s.It must have been a thread somewhere here that makes me think EMR used to plan on 24(is this right?) out of 27 Cl222 being diagrammed on a weekday.
810014 was fist seen outside at Newton Aycliffe as a completed unit on 8th August 2025.Well, I have seen images of 810014 emerging from the test sheds at Newton Aycliffe, taking a guess that in the next week or so, it'll start mainline testing between Doncaster/York/Newcastle then will move out to EMR in a couple weeks. Not that EMR are in any hurry though, they seem to have more 810s than they realistically need at the moment, with only 2 flows as of now (moving to 3 by March) and then the 2 weekday driver training runs, they only have 4 units out at a time and until they get 10-car running, it will stay as that probably.
It was mentioned above that it was a work in progressJust a thought, will RTT add the diagram images (like is on the 222 operated schedules) to the 810 schedules in time, and if so, I wonder when they'll do it as they've been in service for a bit now and I haven't seen one anywhere so far.
Units 6, 12 & 13 are showing as allocated.26/01/26 will see the third 810 diagram begin
010 is on 1B07.Units 6, 12 & 13 are showing as allocated.
Looks like 010 was swapped in place of 012.010 is on 1B07.
see if the accessible loo in first class is working.... (wasn't on the one I used yesterday evening and it seems this is a frequent point of failure from posts on here so interesting to know if that is in fact a regular problem)I should be travelling end to end on an 810 today. Anything to look for/report on?