• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 700 motor sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieselDaz

Member
Joined
4 May 2016
Messages
5
Currently on a class 700 from Brighton to Bedford. My First time on the type and second on a type. In the south earlier I was on a class 377 I think.

What is with the siren that sounds when the units begin to move and when they slow down, same as a class 360 it's bloody annoying. Especially when Ive had a day in the sun and on the drink.

Otherwise very comfortable, unless going over junctions, then shakes worse than a pacer about to loose its transmission drive
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

700007

Established Member
Joined
6 May 2017
Messages
1,272
Location
Near a bunch of sheds that aren't 66s.
Currently on a class 700 from Brighton to Bedford. My First time on the type and second on a type. In the south earlier I was on a class 377 I think.

What is with the siren that sounds when the units begin to move and when they slow down, same as a class 360 it's bloody annoying. Especially when Ive had a day in the sun and on the drink.

Otherwise very comfortable, unless going over junctions, then shakes worse than a pacer about to loose its transmission drive
That's the motor, usually when acceleration of the unit kicks in I believe. All Desiros have it.

I personally love it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top