On my 700 earlier the doors were being opened automatically at every stop. I boarded a stopper at Brighton and then it did it at, Preston Park, Hassocks, Burgess Hill, Wivelsfield, Haywards Heath, Balcombe, Three Bridges, Gatwick Airport, where i alighted. So at every single stop all of the doors on the entire train were just opening automatically without anyone pressing a button. It was a quiet train and many of the doors had nobody near them and nobody getting on or off. All of the doors throughout the train just opened automatically at every stop.
I thought this feature was only used at the TL core (London Brighton / London Blackfriars / City Thameslink / Farringdon / St Pancras Low Level) stations. Also in this case i am sure it is part of the ATO and i think the driver does not press anything. I have certainly never seen the doors opened automatically outside of the TL core stations. In fact i did not even think this was possible at other stations which is why i was so confused.
I am aware that all Electrostar classes (357 375 376 377 378 379 387) have a button for the driver to open the doors instead of just releasing them (although it only occasionally gets used) but i thought these were the only trains with such a feature. I am certainly not aware of any other classes where the driver can choose to either release or open the doors.
Looking at photos of the 700 cab i can not see any buttons to open the doors? So does anyone know how the driver was opening the doors instead of just releasing them?
Or did i find a unit with a fault? Is it likely that this unit had developed a fault and was opening the doors instead of releasing them when the driver pressed the release buttons?
I thought this feature was only used at the TL core (London Brighton / London Blackfriars / City Thameslink / Farringdon / St Pancras Low Level) stations. Also in this case i am sure it is part of the ATO and i think the driver does not press anything. I have certainly never seen the doors opened automatically outside of the TL core stations. In fact i did not even think this was possible at other stations which is why i was so confused.
I am aware that all Electrostar classes (357 375 376 377 378 379 387) have a button for the driver to open the doors instead of just releasing them (although it only occasionally gets used) but i thought these were the only trains with such a feature. I am certainly not aware of any other classes where the driver can choose to either release or open the doors.
Looking at photos of the 700 cab i can not see any buttons to open the doors? So does anyone know how the driver was opening the doors instead of just releasing them?
Or did i find a unit with a fault? Is it likely that this unit had developed a fault and was opening the doors instead of releasing them when the driver pressed the release buttons?