hello. I am a railroad fanatic living in Korea.
While studying mechanics in high school and junior college, I also watch railroad cars.
I am writing to ask questions.
I stumbled across Google in the past, and I saw a newspaper about installing ETCS equipment on class 66 locomotives.
I saw that the cab was newly installed with ETCS equipment, and replaced with TPWS and AWS equipment.
What I want to know is which company receives and installs the new TPWS and AWS equipment for Class 66 locomotives.
I know that Unipart Rail, Thales, and Mors Smitt are delivered and installed by three companies.
For reference, Korean Railways does not use ETCS signal equipment, but uses TVM430 (high-speed rail exclusive line), ATS, ATC, and ATO equipment.
Translated from Korean to English with Google Translate. There may be grammar mistakes, so please forgive me.
Also, since I am a Korean, I ask for your understanding as there are many things I do not know about British Railways.
While studying mechanics in high school and junior college, I also watch railroad cars.
I am writing to ask questions.
I stumbled across Google in the past, and I saw a newspaper about installing ETCS equipment on class 66 locomotives.
I saw that the cab was newly installed with ETCS equipment, and replaced with TPWS and AWS equipment.
What I want to know is which company receives and installs the new TPWS and AWS equipment for Class 66 locomotives.
I know that Unipart Rail, Thales, and Mors Smitt are delivered and installed by three companies.
For reference, Korean Railways does not use ETCS signal equipment, but uses TVM430 (high-speed rail exclusive line), ATS, ATC, and ATO equipment.
Translated from Korean to English with Google Translate. There may be grammar mistakes, so please forgive me.
Also, since I am a Korean, I ask for your understanding as there are many things I do not know about British Railways.