hooverboy
On Moderation
- Joined
- 12 Oct 2017
- Messages
- 1,373
the 395's are very nice trains.With the current franchise disarray, 'make do and mend' is all they're likely to get until a new long-term franchise is let, in much the same way the extended short franchises on Anglia led to poor maintenance and cleanliness for a while. I generally don't find the interiors bad on 395s at all though, new seat covers, a proper deep clean of the carpets and filters and they should be good to go again.
not sure where they will end up after the franchise ends,but I don't think they will have any problem finding a new home.
Just a shame EMR couldn't nab them for the corby's.they would be perfect.
360's aren't bad either,but they are definitely more "suburban" if you catch my drift.
javelins do feel more suited to long-ish distance travel,than mass transit.
(8 car 360's will be higher capacity,which is a bonus I suppose)
maybe the javelins replace 350's on the WCML euston-stoke/crewe ?? that would be nice.
Last edited:
