• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 379

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLC1072

Member
Joined
17 May 2010
Messages
650
Location
Ireland/London
Hi guys!... just spotted a brand new class 379 on the slow lines going through Brentwood tonight at 20:15, on the down towards Shenfield, anybody know where it was off too?

cheers!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

starrymarkb

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
5,985
Location
Exeter
Hi guys!... just spotted a brand new class 379 on the slow lines going through Brentwood tonight at 20:15, on the down towards Shenfield, anybody know where it was off too?

cheers!

They are doing Mileage Accumulation on the GEML - I've heard Norwich and Harwich mentioned for these runs - depending on paths.
 

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Joined
13 May 2008
Messages
12,774
I take it there just aren't the paths available on the West Anglia to allow them to do it there?
 
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
806
Location
London
There's engineering work on WA today between Bishops Stortford and Stansted Airport so there won't really be many available paths for it.

It has been testing on WA and GE. I believe one of them went up to Kings Lynn yesterday or the day before.
 

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,494
Location
Yorkshire
Anyone got any pictures of the 379's? It's the first I have heard of them and an Internet search hasn't been too forthcoming with any images
 

Z12XE

Member
Joined
30 Sep 2005
Messages
876
Hi guys!... just spotted a brand new class 379 on the slow lines going through Brentwood tonight at 20:15, on the down towards Shenfield, anybody know where it was off too?

cheers!

It went to Marks Tey - couldn't go any further due to engineering works at Colchester - only the up line between MKT and COL Platform 6 was open, and this was in constant use by the normal service trains.
 

Class377/5

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,594
Colleague of mine has spotted 379001 at Liverpool Street this evening. Getting around!

EDIT: Have now uploaded image for you, as below


379001 by Mackenzie London, on Flickr
 
Last edited:

Waddon

Member
Joined
15 Sep 2009
Messages
469
Does the black triangle on the front indicate the same thing as it used to mean on older EMU's and DEMU's... that there is some sort of luggage compartment at that end of the unit?
 

Class377/5

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,594
Does the black triangle on the front indicate the same thing as it used to mean on older EMU's and DEMU's... that there is some sort of luggage compartment at that end of the unit?

Ive been told its marks the First Class as the 379's only have First Class on one end of the units. One of the video links it shows First Class marked on one end but not the other.
 

slick

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2006
Messages
175
Location
Scotland
Colleague of mine has spotted 379001 at Liverpool Street this evening. Getting around!

EDIT: Have now uploaded image for you, as below


379001 by Mackenzie London, on Flickr

I saw this too! I sat at hackney north junction for four minutes only to see this roll accross infront of me. Shocked to say the least! Tried to get round but I was already late when I arrived at Liv st and was out again at 00.18. Looks brill though in the 'flesh' cant wait to drive it!
 

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Joined
13 May 2008
Messages
12,774
The 317s on the West Anglia- or, at least, the /6 and /8- have the black triangle on the First Class end (the other variants have FC in the non-driving trailer). Having the marking on the 379 means consistency.
 

Class377/5

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,594
I saw this too! I sat at hackney north junction for four minutes only to see this roll accross infront of me. Shocked to say the least! Tried to get round but I was already late when I arrived at Liv st and was out again at 00.18. Looks brill though in the 'flesh' cant wait to drive it!

Sadly I haven't actually seen the unit myself. But it does look nice and keeps the classic Electrostar sound.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top