Peter Mugridge
Veteran Member
Will it have a DBSO as well?
Not sure off the top of my head, but I imagine it will.
Will it have a DBSO as well?
Why safety concerns? you could make a comment about reliability as they don't seen to have been particularly reliable of late surprise surprise, some of which I think has been down to the coaching stock as well as the Loco's but then what do you expect with 50 year old Loco's and 40 year old coaching stock.
Surely the Manchester & Liverpool issues are mainly down to 319's not being very reliable either, but of course there are those on here who say we should continue to use old stock until they literally fall apart.
The DBSO's have been modified to work with Class 37's.
I saw the Lancaster working yesterday at Arnside it was on time, but I believe the inbound working for it had been cancelled
I overheard a normal passenger commenting about it being a very old train that was difficult to get out of![]()
The bars are on the windows to stop you putting your hands, etc out. But you have to put your hand out of the window to open the door. No wonder the passengers are confused!
Whats happened to 156438?..The short forms and cancellations were due to 319's failures, DMU services already short formed and on top of that Northern were -3 DMU's earlier in the week after an incident at Mossley Hill.
Not forgetting also the loss of 156438 which is out of service with derailment damage.
It is down to the increase in damage to the track due to loco hauled trains. Lots of broken fishplates and cyclic top, its old jointed track round there in sections and doesnt get the traffic it did in the past.
Whats happened to 156438?..
Do you mean that they do want to cease/ban the use of Cl 37s on the Cumbrian? Because since their introduction there have been a spate of broken fishplate incidents and/or other track damage?
(What are/is 'cyclic top' please - that one has passed me by?)
Surely, to a point, this was all predictable if the track is ropey? Perhaps it would have been better to use the Cl 37s on the S&C or Glasgow and Sou Western? I assume there is more cwr on those routes.
No they aren't. They are to stop people leaning their heads out.
Does any one know if the 11:56 Carlisle to Lancaster is planned loco hauled tomorrow
Thanks
It got a little soggy
Can't do the 37's from Carlisle due to bus from Appleby
May do the 1731 from Lancaster to Cark
Is that planned as loco ?
Cyclic top is when there is a dip in the track and the train will effectively bounce and then cause another dip when it hits back down and so on. Far from ideal.
This is a Northern route and LHCS vice Northern Units. G&SW is Scotrail.
I hadn't realised that, thks. Perhaps I had read it, but it hadn't sunk in.After many suggestions which continually crop up on the Forum, LHCS has been ruled out on the S&C as operationally unworkable, something to do with
movements at Leeds. Don't quote me on thos as the real reason, though.
Certainly...
![]()
Just about finished with repairs now - also, no longer owned by Scotrail but Brodies of Kilmarnock but will be leased back to Scotrail - meaning Brodies is technically a ROSCO!
Nice pic of scotrail 156478, however the question was about how northern a 156438 was damaged
Yes, I realise G&SW is Scotrail, but I was under the impression that this was ordered (or perhaps "steered" would be a better word) by the DfT.
I assumed a) that they wanted these DRS-owned locos to be working trains from Carlisle, for ease of maintenance, and that b) the DfT could equally have "steered" Scotrail into releasing some of its units allocated to the G&SW services to help cope with the DMU shortage over the Pennines.