• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

class 37 at Washwood Heath 15/01/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon.exd

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2013
Messages
106
Location
near exeter
In the dark earier we saw a class 37 on a low loader by the bridge at Washwood Heath..
Can anyone tell us which one it was please and what was happening to it?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crawley Ben

Member
Joined
14 Jul 2011
Messages
557
Location
West Worthing
In the dark earier we saw a class 37 on a low loader by the bridge at Washwood Heath..
Can anyone tell us which one it was please and what was happening to it?

I *believe* (although I could be wrong :oops:) you have seen 37219 which has moved to Washwood Heath from the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway in South Wales.The loco has been purchased by Colas Rail for future use on the main line along with 3 other class 37's due to more contracts being won etc.
I also believe 37421 (another Colas purchase) is now at Rugby depot awaiting overhaul and reinstatement etc.

Hopefully I've given you the right information..... ;)

Ben
 

simon.exd

Member
Joined
10 Feb 2013
Messages
106
Location
near exeter
I *believe* (although I could be wrong :oops:) you have seen 37219 which has moved to Washwood Heath from the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway in South Wales.The loco has been purchased by Colas Rail for future use on the main line along with 3 other class 37's due to more contracts being won etc.
I also believe 37421 (another Colas purchase) is now at Rugby depot awaiting overhaul and reinstatement etc.

Hopefully I've given you the right information..... ;)

Ben

thanks Ben.. excellent bit of info there!!
 

techno-phobe

Member
Joined
29 Jan 2014
Messages
60
Thanks Ben, I went to the Colas depot at Rugby today to see what was there and saw an unidentified 37 there which sounds like it's 37421.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top