Short notice short distance tour from Spitfire, with a crompton and a tractor top and tailing from York to Whitby and back. BUT..... completely ludicrous timings of 06:45 off York and 22:45 return, making it totally impossible to do by rail for anyone living off the North Transpennine route. I live in Shipley, only 35 miles away, but am bowled out for a tour I would like to do, mainly because I don't live in York anymore
Sure, tours often start early, but they usually have a lot of pick up points en route, so as the morning wears on they become more and more accessible. The only other pick up on this is Middlesbrough. Is having ten hours in Whitby really so important that such a long day is created? Ten hours seems waaaaay too long to me, although I suppose you could combine it with a day on the NYMR.
Last edited:
