• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 319 Farewell Sunday 4th June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
There are currently no 700s on the evening and weekend diagrams from Sevenoaks which terminate in the bays at Blackfriars. I can't see that changing dramatically in the next month.

Any particular reason for this?
 
Joined
11 Sep 2016
Messages
333
Location
...
It's a pity we have none left in FCC purple untouched for the last day complete with the dividing door and screen between the FC end and the vestibule.

One wonders why the money was wasted in touching up a few units with the big disabled toilet in the trailer, fitting the folding tables, repainting into white/silver and stripping out the dividing screens if these units have no certain new home.
I was under the impression Northern have taken as all of their units??
 

urpert

Member
Joined
1 Dec 2015
Messages
1,171
Location
Essendine or between Étaples and Rang-du-Fliers
It's a pity we have none left in FCC purple untouched for the last day complete with the dividing door and screen between the FC end and the vestibule.

One wonders why the money was wasted in touching up a few units with the big disabled toilet in the trailer, fitting the folding tables, repainting into white/silver and stripping out the dividing screens if these units have no certain new home.
I was under the impression Northern have taken as all of their units??

I suppose if there's any chance of them being used at all after 2020 then they needed to do them anyway. See also the 'absolute bare minimum' PRM stuff being done to the 465s.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,835
Location
Nowhere Heath
It's a pity we have none left in FCC purple untouched for the last day complete with the dividing door and screen between the FC end and the vestibule.

True, but if the 319s that produce are in a moderately grotty state like the 319s I had a few weeks ago then it'll be a fitting send-off for what a fair number of us will remember the 319s as on Thameslink :lol:

Also, unrelated note, I love your avatar :D
 
Joined
11 Sep 2016
Messages
333
Location
...
True, but if the 319s that produce are in a moderately grotty state like the 319s I had a few weeks ago then it'll be a fitting send-off for what a fair number of us will remember the 319s as on Thameslink :lol:

Also, unrelated note, I love your avatar :D

Yeah, NMBS/SNCB HLE13 at journeys end at Brussel Zuid, having just arrived with one of the last EC 96 Iris from Bâle (SNCF) in late March last year, just a few days before the Brussel-Basel EuroCity's were sadly axed..
Thought id change it to mark a year since their passing and because I was sick and tired of being reminded of our bitter gripe with GTR and the tories by my previous avatar! <D

What you driving in yours?!
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,835
Location
Nowhere Heath
Yeah, NMBS/SNCB HLE13 at journeys end at Brussel Zuid, having just arrived with one of the last EC 96 Iris from Bâle (SNCF) in late March last year, just a few days before the Brussel-Basel EuroCity's were sadly axed..
Thought id change it to mark a year since their passing and because I was sick and tired of being reminded of our bitter gripe with GTR and the tories by my previous avatar! <D

What you driving in yours?!

I wish I'd done that Brussels to Basel run, that would have been utterly hellfire!

In my avatar, I'm in D1013. Way back when I did a driver experience course on the SVR. Hard to believe that was 11 years ago, and I swore I'd do another such course one day. I still haven't done so but really must make the effort!
 
Joined
11 Sep 2016
Messages
333
Location
...
Nice. :)

Oh, they were indeed good fun! I've enjoyed a few nice long runs all the way down through the Ardennes, Luxembourg, Lorraine and Alsace to Basel in lovely old school I6 Eurofima compos! I'm going to write a piece about these trains on my blog soon when I have time.
I linked in some youtube videos of the last day on the SNCF Loco Hauled thread in the international section.

I seen from your trip report in '13 you did the Liège-Luxembourg IC's with the I10 stock, that's also a nice run and very scenic but I prefer the route via Namur and Arlon.

Anyway.. We are waaaaaaaaaay off topic here! :oops: Back to 319's!
 
Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,835
Location
Nowhere Heath
Please do post that tale on the trip reports section! I preferred the run to Liege it must be said, I was bored on the other route.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,835
Location
Nowhere Heath
Still enough of them on the Luton/St.Albans - Sutton loop services as well

It was the case on Monday that's for sure. I had been led to believe it's all 700s on the loop now, but definitely not. Not complaining mind, it was nice to have a farewell to the 319s. Yes OK so they're looking likely to have a stay of execution now, but I'll just have another farewell, hopefully on AC power this time!
 

trainmania100

Established Member
Joined
8 Nov 2015
Messages
3,035
Location
Newhaven
For future reference, BLS accept direct bank transfer if you don't have cards that pay online.
Tomorrow's tour will be 319425.
 

westcoaster

Established Member
Joined
4 Dec 2006
Messages
4,505
Location
DTOS A or B
For future reference, BLS accept direct bank transfer if you don't have cards that pay online.
Tomorrow's tour will be 319425.

425 was the first unit to carry a full Fcc livery, if you look close enough you can still see the first emblum on the coupler cover.
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,813
Location
West of Andover
If I could get to Luton for the start time I probably would have done this tour, bit of a shame the 09:00 EMT calls at Luton Airport (all be it on a pick-up only call) rather than Luton, as due to the nature of the early morning Thameslink services being all station callers means I would have something silly like 10 minutes to get from Waterloo to Blackfriars :(

Hopefully it will be a good trip, to sort of saying farewell to 319s on Thameslink services
 

Class455

Established Member
Joined
19 May 2016
Messages
1,519
Spotted it at Purley. Video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qAejjA8sM0

Meanwhile, I've heard from a friend that a TL driver told him while he was going on the 319's that another tour will be held over the summer, running from Bedford to Brighton. I hope this is true, even though one has been held today.
 
Last edited:

Fred43123

Member
Joined
20 Oct 2009
Messages
164
Location
Somewhere
Guessing the London bridge leg of this tour being called off?

Yes, the tour went directly from East Croydon via Norwood Jn, Herne Hill, Blackfriars where it changed to 1O83 and is currently passing St Pancras as I post this. Thanks to Open Train Times Maps.
 

MrCub

Member
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
265
Location
SE England
Would have liked to have come along on this trip but it wasn't to be. Like the BLS very much so maybe I'll do a trip with them soon.

Hope the trip was fun
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top