route:oxford
Established Member
- Joined
- 1 Nov 2008
- Messages
- 4,949
Was reading about the Class 210 earlier today.
Can anyone remember what they were like to travel on?
I can imagine that sitting in the "EMU" coaches were really quiet, but what about sitting next to a 1000hp engine at passenger level? Was it as bad as I'd expect it to be?
It looks as if it has end-connections (at both ends) which would suggest that passengers could walk through the entire length of a double-set no matter which end the engines were.
There is an image of the stock at the train testing site...
http://www.traintesting.com/images/210-oxford Bill Wilson.jpg
(Which is also interesting as Oxford appears not to have had a footbridge at the time - was it an underpass like Diddyland and is it still Extant?)
Can anyone remember what they were like to travel on?
I can imagine that sitting in the "EMU" coaches were really quiet, but what about sitting next to a 1000hp engine at passenger level? Was it as bad as I'd expect it to be?
It looks as if it has end-connections (at both ends) which would suggest that passengers could walk through the entire length of a double-set no matter which end the engines were.
There is an image of the stock at the train testing site...
http://www.traintesting.com/images/210-oxford Bill Wilson.jpg
(Which is also interesting as Oxford appears not to have had a footbridge at the time - was it an underpass like Diddyland and is it still Extant?)