• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 180 ID,s

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen_notts

New Member
Joined
26 Jul 2020
Messages
1
Location
Nottinghamshire
Hi folks
My passion for spotting has been well and truly rekindled after 40 yrs
I have made several trips so far. ...Retford ..... Chesterfield
Loving it ...

I have seen a few class 180 LNER units...but I have no idea where the number is on them

Be gentle it's my first post


Regards Stephen
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,851
Location
Epsom
I think you mean 800s and 801s? LNER doesn't have any 180s.

It's low down on the cab sides just behind the cab door; you should be able to see the number in this picture, under the "LN" part of the logo.
 

Attachments

  • Feb 2020 032.JPG
    Feb 2020 032.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 9

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Joined
16 Jan 2016
Messages
3,178
Location
Dumfries
Hi folks
My passion for spotting has been well and truly rekindled after 40 yrs
I have made several trips so far. ...Retford ..... Chesterfield
Loving it ...

I have seen a few class 180 LNER units...but I have no idea where the number is on them

Be gentle it's my first post


Regards Stephen
Hi Stephen, and welcome to the forum! :)

Glad to hear you’re enjoying being out travelling again! As has been pointed out, LNER don’t run class 180 units sadly. They do run 801 “Azuma” units, as well as intercity 225 sets. Did you mean one of these?
 

John Hunt

Member
Joined
4 Jul 2020
Messages
204
Location
Leicester, Paradise of the midlands.
Stephen did not mention when he had seen 180s on ECML so it may have been quite some time ago.
I've seen 180s with their number in white on yellow under the windscreen, also just below the coupling gear and on the coupling gear cover.
(checked against my old photos)
 

221129

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2011
Messages
6,515
Location
Sunny Scotland
Stephen did not mention when he had seen 180s on ECML so it may have been quite some time ago.
I've seen 180s with their number in white on yellow under the windscreen, also just below the coupling gear and on the coupling gear cover.
(checked against my old photos)
LNER have never used Class 180s.
 

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Joined
16 Jan 2016
Messages
3,178
Location
Dumfries
LNER have never used Class 180s.
No, but hull trains did and grand central do on the same line, it’s understandable that someone who’s just getting back into travelling again may get then a little mixed up, and blankety saying “no” isn’t helpful in answering the question.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top