• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 175 — what’s next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steventrains

New Member
Joined
18 Oct 2023
Messages
1
Location
Merseyside
Hello all,

Yesterday was a sad day considering the Class 175 operated its last passenger service with Transport for Wales — 0512 Cardiff Central-Holyhead (only to Chester) [1W90].

I’m wondering if anyone has any knowledge as to what’s next for these trains, ie. whether any are going to storage, preservation, other operators, or scrap?

I have asked TfW on X (Twitter) but am yet to receive a response. I’ll post here when I do.

If anyone could share anything they know or later find out, I’d be very grateful as I’m sure many other enthusiasts would be too!

Thanks very much,

Steven
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,886
I have asked TfW on X (Twitter) but am yet to receive a response.
They won't know. The units are going off lease and back to the owner. Whatever they choose to do with them next is nothing to do with TfW.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top