Hello all.
I have fond memories of travelling in class 117 DMUs on the Great Western back in the 1980s, especially in the 2+1 First class seats, which were the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in: you'd sink into them, like a really comfortable armchair. The replacement class 165 and 166s which replaced them in around 1992 were modern, and faster, but with 2+2 seating, were nowhere near as comfortable.
I've love to ride 117s in First class again, if possible. Are any of the heritage railways running them?
I have fond memories of travelling in class 117 DMUs on the Great Western back in the 1980s, especially in the 2+1 First class seats, which were the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in: you'd sink into them, like a really comfortable armchair. The replacement class 165 and 166s which replaced them in around 1992 were modern, and faster, but with 2+2 seating, were nowhere near as comfortable.
I've love to ride 117s in First class again, if possible. Are any of the heritage railways running them?
.