• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Clarification on sign at London Paddington

Status
Not open for further replies.

leymoo

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2014
Messages
29
I am fairly aware of some signs that GWR have that aren’t quite accurate eg regarding validity of off peak tickets.
However, this is an interesting one as I believe it’s based on accurate information but communicated badly. It’s also not GWR, but at Paddington.

The husband spotted this sign (photo attached to this post) the other day and the precision of the message concerns me a little.

So if I had a Reading to London Terminals ticket this would be valid to get me to Paddington. But I believe it does not let me get to say, Kings Cross once I have already arrived at Paddington. I think that has been the way for this for as long as I remember. So what gives on the sign?

And bonus points - a fairly snappy alternative that is more accurate and helpful?
 

Attachments

  • 655151A9-48D3-42C1-B8F7-9B7A426A37B3.jpeg
    655151A9-48D3-42C1-B8F7-9B7A426A37B3.jpeg
    384.9 KB · Views: 169
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,308
“National Rail tickets to London Terminals are not valid for onward travel on London Underground services from this station”
 

ji459

Member
Joined
1 Mar 2011
Messages
112
Well if you're reading the sign you're in London already so...

In any case, you'd be reading the sign at Paddington tube station, which is what's meant by "this station".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top