• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Clapham Junction - Southampton Airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmt4ever

Member
Joined
13 May 2013
Messages
691
Location
RMT
All trains from Southampton Central call at Soton Airport Parkway. I'm not sure if there is a bus to Bembridge but you can either take a bus to Newport or to Ryde from East Cowes where you can change on to another bus towards Bembridge.

When you are you travelling? I may see you on the ship from Southampton to East Cowes. If you need any help with the Southampton area/Red Funnel/Isle of Wight then just give me a shout.

Thanks for the help. It will be about 1400 after I land at Southampton airport.

I am rather very very nervous about my outbound journey, I'm very scared of getting a fine or going to jail as my journey nears. I know people have reassured me that my ticket will be ok, but reading some of the disputes and prosecutions stories on here, I am quite fearful !
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
Joined
26 Jul 2010
Messages
3,018
I'll be on the 1300, so if your quick then I may see you, if not have a good journey. You have nothing to worry about.
 

rmt4ever

Member
Joined
13 May 2013
Messages
691
Location
RMT
I'll be on the 1300, so if your quick then I may see you, if not have a good journey. You have nothing to worry about.

Thanks :) I know coming back will be fine. I have no checked baggage to reclaim, Typically how long after touchdown will I be at the airport railway station? Any chance the planes arrive earlier than the scheduled arrival time at that airport?

Im more used to LHR so usually give another 1-2 hours after advertised arrival !!!
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,308
Thanks :) I know coming back will be fine. I have no checked baggage to reclaim, Typically how long after touchdown will I be at the airport railway station? Any chance the planes arrive earlier than the scheduled arrival time at that airport?

Im more used to LHR so usually give another 1-2 hours after advertised arrival !!!

In my experience you can be outside the terminal building and on the street about 5 mins after the cabin doors open. They also advertise that it's '99 paces' between the platform and terminal building. 10 mins 'plane to train' is perfectly feasible.
 
Last edited:

rmt4ever

Member
Joined
13 May 2013
Messages
691
Location
RMT
Thanks so much to everyone for the help. I didn't even have my ticket checked on the train Clapham to Southampton airport! And to my surprise no gates here either. I almost bought a new ticket this morning at Clapham because I was very fearful of getting grief by any guard or inspector. Glad I didn't now !

Ps Southampton airport is **** !
 

Muzer

Established Member
Joined
3 Feb 2012
Messages
2,784
It's a slightly drab/clinical place but it's a rather nice and functional station, in my personal opinion. Good transport links (!), serves a wide area, ample parking, etc. - there's not really much you can fault it other than the fact that most of it is new build and lacking character ;)
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,474
Location
London
Are we saying Southampton Intl and Southampton Airport are the same price?

Any general advantages to using the Intl ticket?

Tickets from London Terminals - Southampton International are cheaper than to Southampton Airport Parkway, but only available as Anytime Singles and Returns in both Standard and First Class.

I dropped SWT an e-mail to enquire as to their validity, and the general gist was that they're similar to London International tickets (albeit only valid for one month instead of two) in that they're intended for use by passengers travelling to the Airport to catch a flight, and they should only be sold where proof of said flight is provided.

Another thing I've noticed on BRFares is "Rail-Air" Singles and Returns between London Terminals and Southampton Airport Parkway, priced at £25/£30 Standard and £40/£45 First Class. It doesn't give any further details, however, and they don't appear on WebTIS or Trainline.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,466
I dropped SWT an e-mail to enquire as to their validity, and the general gist was that they're similar to London International tickets (albeit only valid for one month instead of two) in that they're intended for use by passengers travelling to the Airport to catch a flight, and they should only be sold where proof of said flight is provided.

Not including domestic flights I would imagine?
 

rmt4ever

Member
Joined
13 May 2013
Messages
691
Location
RMT
It's a slightly drab/clinical place but it's a rather nice and functional station, in my personal opinion. Good transport links (!), serves a wide area, ample parking, etc. - there's not really much you can fault it other than the fact that most of it is new build and lacking character ;)

I meant the airport itself rather than the station. The station is of course just a station and perfectly functional for that purpose. Though there could be an undercover walkway to the Terminal building to avoid getting rained on/snowy/sunstroke/slipping over with 3 bags on the ice in extreme weather.

As for the Airport itself I was amazed this shanty shack is run by the BAA (the same as LHR).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top