• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Clacton ,Lincoln & Swinderby Signal Boxes to close next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BS56

Member
Joined
6 Jan 2019
Messages
124
I read in Rail magazine today the above three signal boxes are to be abolished next year. Of course Covid-19 could delay the start or completion of these schemes.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2013
Messages
8,927
I read in Rail magazine today the above three signal boxes are to be abolished next year. Of course Covid-19 could delay the start or completion of these schemes.

Swinderby is down for 2022 I think with the project starting next year.

Lincoln I'm not sure about - it's quite a well located little sub-ROC and unlike the others I've seen nothing specific about closure. It was always intended to be temporary and I believe originally planned to shut several years back. The building however was in a poor state when it was built - I remember a massive crack through the wall in 2008 when it opened.
 

Pinza-C55

Member
Joined
23 May 2015
Messages
1,035
I visited Swinderby way back in 1979. I hope the box gets saved by a preservation society.
 

norbitonflyer

Established Member
Joined
24 Mar 2020
Messages
5,819
Location
SW London
Where does it say Lincoln will close? the article I'm reading says Swinderby will close, and comms and signalling will transfer to Lincoln.
 

BS56

Member
Joined
6 Jan 2019
Messages
124
Where does it say Lincoln will close? the article I'm reading says Swinderby will close, and comms and signalling will transfer to Lincoln.
Perhaps I mis-read it I was quickly reading it in a newsagents .
 

Alfie1014

Established Member
Joined
27 Jun 2012
Messages
1,205
Location
Essex
work on Clacton has been going on for a good few weeks now, of course this is not a new scheme, just finishing what should have been done 10 years ago with the Colcheser / Calacton resignalling :)

Means the end of the last searchlight signals on the network and includes some minor track alterations including the replacement of the scissors crossing in the throat with simple crossovers. Possibly helps with the introduction of the 24m vehicle length Aventras.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top