• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Circular SAV -> BMO -> BHM -> COV - LMS -> SAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebrupelican

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2022
Messages
9
Location
UK
What's the cheapest combination of tickets for this journey? I'd like to change trains in Coventry, I'm not planning to leave the station. I assume I cannot travel on one return ticket.

Stratford-upon-Avon -> Birmingham Moore Street
Birmingham New Street -> Coventry
Coventry -> Leamington Spa
Leamington Spa -> Stratford-upon-Avon

Grateful if someone could help, thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

spyinthesky

Member
Joined
17 Aug 2021
Messages
510
Location
Bulford
A West Midlands Day Ranger is £23.95 with a railcard or£36 ish without one.
There are early peak time restrictions apart from weekends.
I am sure someone may find a cheaper method.
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
Stratford Upon Avon - Birmingham International - SDR £18.30 valid anytime
Stratford Upon Avon - Birmingham International - CDR £17.60 valid after 0930 but not trains timed to depart between 1530 - 1815.

That's the best I think.
 
Last edited:

zebrupelican

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2022
Messages
9
Location
UK
Thank you both for the information The day ranger would be useful for even more circuitous journeys.
 

kieron

Established Member
Joined
22 Mar 2012
Messages
3,287
Location
Connah's Quay
Stratford Upon Avon - Birmingham International - SDR £18.30 valid anytime
Stratford Upon Avon - Birmingham International - CDR £17.60 valid after 0930 but not trains timed to depart between 1530 - 1815.

That's the best I think.
Stratford-upon-Avon – Hampton-in-Arden is a bit cheaper, although it does restrict you to LNR trains between Birmingham and Coventry, or at least between Birmingham International and Coventry.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top