LexyBoy
Established Member
Wondering if anyone has any ticket improvements for the following journey:
Day 1: Reading-Claygate (RDG-CLG)
Day 2: Claygate-Whitstable (CLG-WHI)
Day 7: Whitstable-Abergavenny (WHI-AGV)
Day 11: Abergavenny-Reading (AGV-RDG)
2 adults, 1 two-year-old, Family Railcard and Gold Card (covering Reading-Didcot) held. Prefer flexible tickets (could use APs on day 7 but having looked the saving is marginal).
Currently I'm looking at RDG-CLG (SDS), CLG-WHI (SVR) and PAD-AGV (SSR) which comes to £164.45 (using railcards as appropriate). I feel there must be some scope for saving though - perhaps using the reasonably priced WHI-AGV SSR.
Tickets need to be valid for the fastest route, though I'm happy to omit HS1 validity, and can travel according to Off Peak times (likely to be mid-day on days 7 & 11). Now, to be annoying, I don't want to use tickets which are highly likely to lead to a confrontation. I know a ticket for RDG-CLG at £5.30 and a ticket offering a good saving for London-Whitstable (the one with a recently changed routeing), but don't want the possible hassle as we'll be on holiday.
Day 1: Reading-Claygate (RDG-CLG)
Day 2: Claygate-Whitstable (CLG-WHI)
Day 7: Whitstable-Abergavenny (WHI-AGV)
Day 11: Abergavenny-Reading (AGV-RDG)
2 adults, 1 two-year-old, Family Railcard and Gold Card (covering Reading-Didcot) held. Prefer flexible tickets (could use APs on day 7 but having looked the saving is marginal).
Currently I'm looking at RDG-CLG (SDS), CLG-WHI (SVR) and PAD-AGV (SSR) which comes to £164.45 (using railcards as appropriate). I feel there must be some scope for saving though - perhaps using the reasonably priced WHI-AGV SSR.
Tickets need to be valid for the fastest route, though I'm happy to omit HS1 validity, and can travel according to Off Peak times (likely to be mid-day on days 7 & 11). Now, to be annoying, I don't want to use tickets which are highly likely to lead to a confrontation. I know a ticket for RDG-CLG at £5.30 and a ticket offering a good saving for London-Whitstable (the one with a recently changed routeing), but don't want the possible hassle as we'll be on holiday.