• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Christmas special 2022 on RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merle Haggard

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2019
Messages
3,959
Location
Northampton
Interestingly, on the morning of April 1st last, R.T.T. displayed stock numbers in Roman numerals. Another jolly jape, that one seemed to pass un-noticed.
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,969
Location
Airedale
Interestingly, on the morning of April 1st last, R.T.T. displayed stock numbers in Roman numerals. Another jolly jape, that one seemed to pass un-noticed.
I could have sworn it got mentioned, but I can't locate the thread.

Ego vere vidi :)
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,969
Location
Airedale
Gratias ago.

(Sorry mods - just in case that's jargon: Thank you.)
 

Merle Haggard

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2019
Messages
3,959
Location
Northampton
I could have sworn it got mentioned, but I can't locate the thread.

Ego vere vidi :)
Thanks, I didn't realise that it got widely noticed. Cockily, I thought at the time that people without my classical 'education' (???) would just think the info' was corrupted, with all those X's.

Postcript; one of my fellow pupils out trainspotting memorably misread 'CONFLAT A' as 'conflata' and though it was Latin...
 
Last edited:

Western 52

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2020
Messages
1,672
Location
Burry Port
Will the Christmas special run though? After all its a strike day. Not sure which union Santa belongs to......
 

Trainfan2019

Member
Joined
9 Aug 2019
Messages
530
I did wonder if the train would run this year with the strike situation.

I've noticed some temporarily closed stations included in the route this year - IBM, Barlaston and Teesside Airport. Can't remember if these were served last year.
 

blackfive460

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
869
The naughty kid does Ok this year. I'm sure there are plenty who wouldn't mind a sack of Butterwell coal...
 

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,883
Location
Cambridge
C52F60AA-637A-4213-AA64-318CAB394AA7.jpeg

Dear oh dear. Looks like Santa might want a few more red-nosed-reindeer to keep in the stables and can’t afford them on the pittance of 1,900,000,000 mince pies and glasses of milk so is staying at home. Sensible move: when children wake up with no presents then parents are sure to lobby the government to start negotiating with AS-ELF. I’ve been told firmly not to comment though, as I don’t drive sleighs so I have no way of truly understanding the situation.
 

SuperLuke2334

Established Member
Joined
23 Oct 2021
Messages
1,898
Location
Welsh Marches
View attachment 125297

Dear oh dear. Looks like Santa might want a few more red-nosed-reindeer to keep in the stables and can’t afford them on the pittance of 1,900,000,000 mince pies and glasses of milk so is staying at home. Sensible move: when children wake up with no presents then parents are sure to lobby the government to start negotiating with AS-ELF. I’ve been told firmly not to comment though, as I don’t drive sleighs so I have no way of truly understanding the situation.
Doesn't say cancelled on my end.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top