Just been looking at Avanti RFY (Rock Ferry) - Euston via Liverpool off peak return tickets over Christmas/New Year 2021/2. So the restrictions apply to the Liverpool - Euston portion and the fare is set by Avanti.
BR Fares states that there is a peak fare easement 23.12.21 - 3.1.22. I Tweeted Avanti and they confirmed this. Yet their website JP is still charging peak fares for departures before an 11am London arrival. So charging £347.80 return for a journey that should cost £94.40 return (given the easement). Seems that the JP system hasn't been updated (again). That's Avanti overcharging online by £253.40. How can they justify this given that I have already inserted my desired journey into their JP? Do they ever upload easements to the JP system?
BR Fares states that there is a peak fare easement 23.12.21 - 3.1.22. I Tweeted Avanti and they confirmed this. Yet their website JP is still charging peak fares for departures before an 11am London arrival. So charging £347.80 return for a journey that should cost £94.40 return (given the easement). Seems that the JP system hasn't been updated (again). That's Avanti overcharging online by £253.40. How can they justify this given that I have already inserted my desired journey into their JP? Do they ever upload easements to the JP system?
Last edited: