• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chinley to Norwich -In March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2010
Messages
1,316
Location
Tainan, Taiwan.
Hi all

I know I cannot buy advances yet and not so for a few weeks but I thought I'd best get an idea of what I'm likely to pay as I'm needing to get my accommodation sorted asap.

I'll be needing to travel to Norwich from Chinley/Chapel en le Frith on Friday 14th March, arriving by 6:30pm latest. I don't mind obtaining advances to/from Manchester, Stockport or Sheffield though if I need to but would have to use in conjunction with a single to/from these stations.

Two days later I need to travel from Great Yarmouth (GYM) (late as possible) to either Chapel en le Frith or Chinley. According to BRFares there ARE advances from CLY to NRW but I have done some searching and not seen them on any date in February, which worries me a little for March. I know there are know also from BRFares no advance flows exist for GYM, so would need a single somewhere, Norwich and an advance from there.

From walk up fares this can be done single to Worksop, single from Worksop with a Y-P Railcard, £10.20 and an Off Peak Return Worksop to Great Yarmouth, £39.55 giving a total of £49.75. This is the price I will to be beaten, my question, am I likely to beat it? I want to do this trip for under £40 if possible. As I said I know advances are not likely to be released for a few weeks.

Tom
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Joined
16 Apr 2010
Messages
4,234
Location
Reading
Advances from Chinley to Norwich are available at £23.10 (with Y-P railcard) for various Fridays in February. You need to specify via Leicester on the booking website - this means you are only travelling on EMT services (where the fare is quota-controlled) at the less busy, outer extremities of their routes (Sheffield to Leicester and Peterborough/Ely to Norwich), where quota availability will be better. These fares aren't quota-enforced on the Northern or CrossCountry legs of the journey.

For the return journey, there are some advances from Norwich to Chinley at £14.50 on various Sundays in February (again via Leicester). A GYM-NRW single would be £4.45 on top of that. So £42.05 in total, if I've added up correctly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top