• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

China Clay Tanks - anyone know when the next working is due?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
90
Location
Coventry
Hello,

Well after getting up at five, trecking to Nuneaton station only to be disappointed I thought perhaps now is a good time to find out before I do it again.

Okay, so the China Clay tanks are worked Dollands Moor to Irvine (6S94) on a Wednesday and then back on a Friday (6M76) hauled by a 92. I knew that :P However, how many sets of tanks are there? A friend of mine this morning was saying that there's no more left at Irvine meaning that the down working should happen next week.

Thanks in advance!
Joseph L. Bevan
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Verified Rep
Joined
7 Jul 2009
Messages
4,504
6S94 normally runs every Wednesday (although it often runs very late!).

It didn't run this week because of the Easter break, but should be on again next Wednesday.

MARK
 

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
Sorry to contradict you Mark, but it did run today, only a day and a bit late!- I saw it earlier, right behind 6B41 Wembley to Daventry (6S94 11:48 Wembley to Carlisle).

The return should run on Friday but I would be not be surprised if it is late going back south as well.
 

Freightmaster

Verified Rep
Joined
7 Jul 2009
Messages
4,504
Sorry to contradict you Mark, but it did run today, only a day and a bit late!
Well, I did say it often runs very late, but after 24 hours
I thought it was a safe bet that it had been cancelled!!:|

MARK
 
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
90
Location
Coventry
Thanks for your replies but I actually want to know how many rakes of tanks there are, I already know when it runs :P Thanks
 

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
Joseph.bevan96, There are about 50 wagons in the pool, enough for two rakes but, to the best of my knowledge, there is not usually more than one rake in the UK at a time.

Boothby97, the most common reason for it being delayed is being late coming through the tunnel (though Easter might have had a bearing on it being late this week).
 
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
90
Location
Coventry
Joseph.bevan96, There are about 50 wagons in the pool, enough for two rakes but, to the best of my knowledge, there is not usually more than one rake in the UK at a time.

Boothby97, the most common reason for it being delayed is being late coming through the tunnel (though Easter might have had a bearing on it being late this week).


Thank you for your assistance sir! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top