hsoaoskans
Member
Hi guys just asking for some advice if anyone can help,
In June I received an email for the notice of prosecution by chiltern railways for being stopped by railway venue protection staff and failing to show a valid ticket in April. I did travel on that day and I regretfully brought a ticket after boarding the train. I know you should do it before, it was not my intention to not buy a ticket as the barrier is always closed at the station anyway so no matter what I would have to buy it. I understand this was wrong, however I am slightly confused because I was not approached by any staff, and my ticket was not checked at any time during the journey. I did buy the ticket late and then scan through the barrier which let me through, so maybe a staff member picked it from there but I was definietly not approached.
Again like I said I know I was in the wrong and apologised for buying a ticket late, but my full name is also not on the email, just the first letter of my initial and last name, which can be gathered by my email. I'm unsure if they have my address or correct details, because obviously no one was there to take my details as no one approached me. Should I email then and ask them? I have already emailed them apologising because they did also say it may show I have done this on multiple occasions, and I know I definietly have brought the ticket after boarding in the past a few times. I have had an automated email saying they can reply within 90 days and so far it has been around 2 and a half months. I am really worried about this and would be happy to settle any fines out of court. I would really appreciate any advice, thank you in advance!
In June I received an email for the notice of prosecution by chiltern railways for being stopped by railway venue protection staff and failing to show a valid ticket in April. I did travel on that day and I regretfully brought a ticket after boarding the train. I know you should do it before, it was not my intention to not buy a ticket as the barrier is always closed at the station anyway so no matter what I would have to buy it. I understand this was wrong, however I am slightly confused because I was not approached by any staff, and my ticket was not checked at any time during the journey. I did buy the ticket late and then scan through the barrier which let me through, so maybe a staff member picked it from there but I was definietly not approached.
Again like I said I know I was in the wrong and apologised for buying a ticket late, but my full name is also not on the email, just the first letter of my initial and last name, which can be gathered by my email. I'm unsure if they have my address or correct details, because obviously no one was there to take my details as no one approached me. Should I email then and ask them? I have already emailed them apologising because they did also say it may show I have done this on multiple occasions, and I know I definietly have brought the ticket after boarding in the past a few times. I have had an automated email saying they can reply within 90 days and so far it has been around 2 and a half months. I am really worried about this and would be happy to settle any fines out of court. I would really appreciate any advice, thank you in advance!
