• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Rail guard/revenue collector query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
Joined
6 Nov 2009
Messages
4,969
What I'm saying is that if a PND could be issued for a byelaw but not 5.3(a) then the officer could issue the PND as a byelaw offence in order to issue a PND rather than going to court etc.
Yes I agree, same with a caution really I guess. Although as I said earlier, they can't issue a PND for a Byelaw, or not ticketing ones anyway (some other offences that warrant a PND could also be covered by Byelaws such as Section 5 POA to an extent).

If ACPO as it were, to make a PND offence from ticketing, then it would almost definitely be for 5.3(a) RRA 1889 and not a Byelaw, as this is obviously the more serious of the two, and is recordable. They also have to be specific to the legislation they cover.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top