I put in a delay compensation request with Chiltern for a delay caused by disruptive passengers. However, they have refused the request because the delay was outside the rail industry's control.
I know that in theory the old Passenger Charter TOCs (there can't be many left now...) are within their rights to refuse delay compensation for this reason, but I thought in practice all of them had been told to offer it anyway. Maybe I'm getting confused with something else.
I just wanted to report this data point so people on the forum would be aware that this practice is going on.
I know that in theory the old Passenger Charter TOCs (there can't be many left now...) are within their rights to refuse delay compensation for this reason, but I thought in practice all of them had been told to offer it anyway. Maybe I'm getting confused with something else.
I just wanted to report this data point so people on the forum would be aware that this practice is going on.