Cobblers. Even if you are being facetious the introduction of TPWS in no way absolves the driver from the fundamental requirement to observe etc
No, I agree, and this very situation highlights the need for drivers to concentrate, and the safety critical role they are in.
What I meant was, spads happen a lot, for a huge variety of reasons (even if they are not called spads any more

), what doesn't happen often is TPWS failing to stop a train after it has had a SPAD (I imagine?). The reason for the SPAD will be highlighted quickly, with possibly a small recommendation to chiltern. The TPWS situation will be, again i imagine, looked at in a lot of detail, and with a huge nationwide recommendation to all TOC/FOCs and network rail.
I may be wrong, but that's how I see it
So you are complaining about other people posting inaccuracies and then you come out with the highlighted bit! :roll:
Thye TPWs was not isolated it was in a fault state, a very well known fault state, I have had it in that condition dozens of times on a 458.
Apologies, I was just copying what the RAIB had said, saying it had "self isolated", and what was said on the 'other forum', I don't care about inaccuracies, I care about jumping to conclusions, which you have said plenty of times your self! We all can't be perfect
As I have said plenty of times, I like discussion (why would I be here otherwise!

), and with some of the minds on this place brings out some interesting views, and also brings out the technical nitty gritty stuff that wouldn't normally be discussed.
Heck, we can talk why the signals were passed at danger, he might of not been concentrating/micro sleep/fatigued/not very competent, but I just don't agree with people stating things as if they know what happened (as a solid fact), that is all. Again, talking about topics such as micro sleep interests me, definitely from a drivers point of view.
Sometimes I just think it's the way things are worded which causes misunderstanding, I for one often post things and it comes out in a way I wouldn't of said it in real life, apologies all!