• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern - Apprentice Train Driver - Marylebone, Aylesbury and Birmingham (20/09/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rw300

Member
Joined
18 Apr 2025
Messages
8
Location
naphill
Thanks I just got an email saying they haven’t marked mine yet and again they booked all the spaces for stage 2

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

How did you guys find the TRP 2 test?
 
Last edited:

Neatro

Member
Joined
30 May 2018
Messages
536
Location
Birmingham
I've heard that there aren't any spaces on the June course for Marylebone, does anyone know if there are still spaces for Aylesbury?
The problem is there is still a campaign still going on so two campaigns at the same time, so the spaces are filling up, I believe all the June spots are taken but there may be another course running later in the year.
 

stungata

Member
Joined
13 Jan 2021
Messages
25
Location
London
anyone that went to the assessments on May 1st yesterday heard back?

Tia

I also had an email on Friday, saying I hadn't progressed to the next stage, but also in the email, it stated that there were more tests to be scored. It was poorly worded, to be honest, and a bit confusing!
 

Mizzmo

Member
Joined
17 Aug 2018
Messages
42
I completed my online assessment on the 25/10/2024 and was told I passed and to wait further instructions for the next stage. I was told January and then January moves to April and then July .now I haven't heard anything back from the company.does this mean I have been dropped?
 

cebz9

Member
Joined
22 Oct 2019
Messages
47
Location
leicester
I was made aware towards the start of this year (at Birmingham specifically) that qualified drivers are being prioritised over trainees for the time being. To my knowledge, the number of driver vacancies (at Birmingham) has not been filled by the amount of qualified drivers that have applied for the role. However I’m not sure about the plans for other depots.

I wouldn’t lose hope just yet though, as frustrating as it may be.
Recruitment in the railway usually takes a long time. Just try to be patient and understanding of that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top