Hi everyone, I've been trying to see what I can come up with to get the cost of this journey down slightly and have a rough idea, but wondered if there's anything I'm missing...
Outbound: Tuesday 7th June, Chesterfield to Gatwick Airport. Flight is 18:35 so would like to aim to arrive at the airport around 16:30. Happy to use Advances.
Inbound: Arriving on a flight into Luton at 16:35 on Sunday 12th June, need to get back to Chesterfield. Prefer flexible tickets in case of flight delays etc, no Advances. It's a Sunday so off-peak tickets are fine.
The best I've found so far is outbound Advance Chesterfield-Gatwick for £35 (standard, can go 1st to St Pancras for a bit more then buy a standard single for Thameslink if I feel that way inclined when I book), then a couple of off-peak singles with a split on the inbound journey which reduces the price from ~£60 to ~£54 (including the bus to Luton Airport Parkway.) Total is just under 90 quid.
I've looked at doing an off-peak return Chesterfield-Luton Airport Parkway then buying all the other extra bits as required (planning to take the 13:01 but no problem to go slightly earlier to change to a train stopping at LTN on the outbound if necessary), but the savings appear to be negligible, and I'm not interested in a bunch of complicated splits to save about £2.
Does anyone have any improvements on this, or should I just go for what I've found? Thanks very much indeed for any input.
Outbound: Tuesday 7th June, Chesterfield to Gatwick Airport. Flight is 18:35 so would like to aim to arrive at the airport around 16:30. Happy to use Advances.
Inbound: Arriving on a flight into Luton at 16:35 on Sunday 12th June, need to get back to Chesterfield. Prefer flexible tickets in case of flight delays etc, no Advances. It's a Sunday so off-peak tickets are fine.
The best I've found so far is outbound Advance Chesterfield-Gatwick for £35 (standard, can go 1st to St Pancras for a bit more then buy a standard single for Thameslink if I feel that way inclined when I book), then a couple of off-peak singles with a split on the inbound journey which reduces the price from ~£60 to ~£54 (including the bus to Luton Airport Parkway.) Total is just under 90 quid.
I've looked at doing an off-peak return Chesterfield-Luton Airport Parkway then buying all the other extra bits as required (planning to take the 13:01 but no problem to go slightly earlier to change to a train stopping at LTN on the outbound if necessary), but the savings appear to be negligible, and I'm not interested in a bunch of complicated splits to save about £2.
Does anyone have any improvements on this, or should I just go for what I've found? Thanks very much indeed for any input.
