• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chester le track season tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
what happens if the ticket stops working the automatic gates. how to get a replacement?
Their contact information is also on the website:
• Chester-le-Street Tel: +44 (0)191 387 1387 | Enquiries 24 hours Tel: +44 (0)8457 484 950
• Booking office at C-L-S is open: 0620-1800 Mon (except Bank Holidays) | 0730-1800 Tues - Fri | 0730-1300 Sat
I agree that this is an unusual arrangement but I understand that C-le-T is a fully authorised travel agent quite like any other and quite capable of dealing with 'difficulties' in a prompt and efficient manner. I don't know of any other travel agent which is Managed by someone who also has responsibilities on 'the railways' (anyone on here know of another?), but you have no need to be concerned about their service.
 

TomJ93

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2010
Messages
865
As far as I understand Chester-Le-Street is operated by a private company which must be these lot, so I would say they're safe.
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Chester-le-Track is, and he has the leasehold over the station building. Doesn't actually run the station though, that is done by Northern.
 

wibble

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
636
I do wonder how they make their money if they can afford to offer a monthly draw for a weekend break with free rail travel when they're only making no more than 2% commission off a season ticket sale....
 

paul1609

Established Member
Joined
28 Jan 2006
Messages
7,992
Location
K
Their contact information is also on the website:I agree that this is an unusual arrangement but I understand that C-le-T is a fully authorised travel agent quite like any other and quite capable of dealing with 'difficulties' in a prompt and efficient manner. I don't know of any other travel agent which is Managed by someone who also has responsibilities on 'the railways' (anyone on here know of another?), but you have no need to be concerned about their service.

I think Ledbury station ticket office is run on a similar basis: http://www.ledbury.plus.com/ plus of course the NYMR are now the retailer of National Rail tickets at Whitby.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top